- This event has passed.
Making Welcome Cards for Campers
April 27, 2020Free
We want our campers to feel comfortable, welcome, and valued when they arrive at camp. One way we can do this is by providing a hand-made card welcoming them to camp and wishing them the best time possible while they are here.
Please make as many encouraging welcome cards as possible for our campers (ages 8-15)! Here are some suggestions for topics to include:
- Welcome them to camp
- Let them know we are excited for them to experience camp
- Let them know everyone is excited to get to know them & be their friend
- Encourage them to step out of their comfort zone
- Encourage them to open up to new relationships
- Encourage them to learn something new
- Encourage them to show: Community, Compassion, & Creativity
- Encourage them to have fun
- Please keep it short & sweet
- Please keep topics & language age-appropriate
- You may sign using your actual name if you wish, but please include “Austin Sunshine Camps” somewhere in the signature. For example: Sincerely, (Your Name), Austin Sunshine Camps Volunteer
- See here for a few examples.
Please mail or drop off in mailbox to our Zilker Camp:
2225 Andrew Zilker
Austin, TX 78746
Thank you so much for all your hard work making sure Austin youth have the best experience possible with us!