SERVICE PROJECT: CAMPER WELCOME CARDS
We want our campers to feel comfortable, welcome, and valued when they arrive at camp. One way we can do this is by providing a hand-made card welcoming them to camp and wishing them the best time possible while they are here.
Please make as many encouraging welcome cards as possible for our campers (ages 8-15)! Here are some suggestions for topics to include:
- Welcome them to camp
- Let them know we are excited for them to experience camp
- Let them know everyone is excited to get to know them & be their friend
- Encourage them to step out of their comfort zone
- Encourage them to open up to new relationships
- Encourage them to learn something new
- Encourage them to show: Community, Compassion, & Creativity
- Encourage them to have fun
- Please keep it short & sweet
- Please keep topics & language age-appropriate
- You may sign using your actual name if you wish, but please include “Austin Sunshine Camps” somewhere in the signature. For example: Sincerely, (Your Name), Austin Sunshine Camps Volunteer
- See here for a few examples.
Please mail or drop off in mailbox to our Zilker Camp:
2225 Andrew Zilker
Austin, TX 78746
Thank you so much for all your hard work making sure Austin youth have the best experience possible with us!