Have extra time on your hands and want to add non-profit/volunteer work to your resume and show you were not just “sitting around” while waiting for another opportunity – AND get and extra edge on your resume? Contact Carol Thomas at 512-472-8107.
The Austin Sunshine Camps’ are always in need of volunteers. Whether it’s canoeing with campers and assisting with carnival night in the summer or participating as a mentor and tutor in our Leadership Program, your skills and desire to help are very much appreciated. The primary volunteer base for the Sunshine Camps comes from the men of the Young Men’s Business League (YMBL) of Austin. In addition to the YMBL volunteers, members of the following organizations and businesses regularly volunteer:
All volunteers working with children will need to complete a background check. Click here to download that form.
Carnival Night (No Age Requirement)
- Where: ASC Zilker Park facilty Camp Grounds
- When: First night of each camp session 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Who: 20 Volunteers
- What: Man the Carnival Night booths on the first night of camp
- 8 carnival night booths
- Ring Toss
- Clown Face Toss
- Planet Ball Toss
- Snow Cone
- Dunking Booth
- Balloon Darts
Art Shack (No Age Requirement)
- When: 2nd-5th days of each camp session 9:00 a.m. 10:15 a.m./10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Where: Art Shack (behind the main building) 2225 Andrew Zilker Road 78746
- Who: 2-3 volunteers each day assist Art Shack instructor
- What: Two groups of 20 campers each day Campers will have opportunities to work on assigned arts and crafts
We also have opportunities for service organizations looking to complete projects! Boy Scouts, Company groups and many others of all ages have worked at our camp locations to keep them running smoothly and beautiful. Contact Carol Thomas if you're interested! To find out more about how you or your organization can volunteer with the Austin Sunshine Camps please contact Carol Thomas.